ABTA is The Association of British Travel Agents, which offers financial and legal protection. To become a member of ABTA any business must go through a rigorous application process that takes into account business health, financial health, director track records and more. Our ABTA membership number is 12009.
We want our travellers, our beloved WeRoaders to trust us and have confidence in every trip they book. As an ABTA member, we follow the ABTA Code of Conduct so you know that you can expect high standards from us.
In short as an ABTA member our customers can trust that:
- You are financially protected if WeRoad goes out of business. Should this happen, you will be entitled to a refund. If you are abroad, your transport home will be covered.
- You will get your money back if WeRoad cancels your booking after the date for payment of the full price when it is necessary to do so for reasons outside our control.
ATOL stands for Air Travel Organisers License and it is both a license to sell tour packages with flights and a financial protection scheme for our customers. With this licence we are able to sell internal flight transfers for our tours that require it for the best to be made of the destination! We do love a road-trip at WeRoad but sometimes, you need to fly from A to B to maximise your tour. Check out our Patagonia 360°, Tanzania & Zanzibar and Indonesia tours for itineraries where we include these kinds of internal transfers.
Your money is protected when you buy a tour inclusive of internal flight transfers. If for any reason (though it won’t) WeRoad was to go bust, you will be supported through the scheme.
- If you are already away on a WeRoad tour, you would be repatriated and able to get home;
- If you booked a WeRoad tour and you are yet to travel, you can get a full refund;
- ATOL is UK legislation, but anyone booking with us is protected. We got you covered!
Once you’ve booked your WeRoad tour, you can find your ATOL certificate in your personal profile. If you cannot find your certificate please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +442382356459.
ATOL sits alongside ABTA but is specifically designed to cover people who have internal flight transfers included as part of their tour package. WeRoad sells trips with internal flights so having a license means you are all covered! ABTA covers rail, road, or sea travel tours. Many ABTA tour operators also provide bonds to the Civil Aviation Authority under the ATOL scheme.